ROV Pilot Tech
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Wireline operator
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Hi,

Looking for some unbiased advise please...

After trying to get offshore for years, I am now in a lucky position of being offered 2 great positions...

What would be the best career move, trainee rov pilot tech, or trainee wireline operator?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of both roles? I think the ROV job would be more interesting. My only concern is that it may be to restricting compared to wire-lining. I know that the opportunities for experienced wireline operators are endless and very well paid...... How does the ROV would compare?

I welcome and constructive advice......

Thanks
I would take the Wireline job if I were you.

I have no experience of Wireline, but have a good friend that does.

They did very well, but they were always on call and the jobs were often a short notice. They enjoyed it and the money was better than ROV

If you want regular month on month off go for ROV
Glevum wrote:
I would take the Wireline job if I were you.

I have no experience of Wireline, but have a good friend that does.

They did very well, but they were always on call and the jobs were often a short notice. They enjoyed it and the money was better than ROV

If you want regular month on month off go for ROV

Thanks for your input, I have been told wire lining is better pay.. However the starting salary for the trainee rov pilot tech is 13k more that what I'll be on as a trainee wireline op. After training I have I've Been told that I will be on 60k as rov pilot technician. I think it would take a long tome for wireline pay to get to that sort of level don't you think?

View next topic
View previous topic