ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Quote
Just thought I'd pop by and let you all know that i'm still in the industry. Managed one trip so far and loved it. The food was great and it wasn't too cold. Thought my next trip would have came a bit easier but hey ho, i'm still determined and might even renew my pilot tech II cert as I'm confident the industry is about to get busier and I'm experienced now. If you know of anything going then PM me.

Later

Number1
Quote
Number1 wrote:
Just thought I'd pop by and let you all know that i'm still in the industry. Managed one trip so far and loved it. The food was great and it wasn't too cold. Thought my next trip would have came a bit easier but hey ho, i'm still determined and might even renew my pilot tech II cert as I'm confident the industry is about to get busier and I'm experienced now. If you know of anything going then PM me.

Later

Number1


What PT2 "certificate" is it you think needs reviewing? Apart from there is no recognised "certification" , there is the trade organisation IMCA, who have guidelines for competencies.

Any training establishment that issues a piece of paper that says it is a qualification or that it expires, is incorrect on both counts.

Alas, there are many thousands of people chasing a very few amount of new positions, so good luck.
Quote
The IMCA cert I have says PT II so it's the one I'll be renewing Ray, not reviewing.

As for the rest of the nonsense you spouted, what was that all about? Do you know anything about the ROV industry?[/quote]
Quote
Quite a hostile reply to someone that was offering factual advice. Ray is correct with regards to certification, it is merely a competence scheme based on hours flown, offshore days and technical competency. The ROV PT 2 cert you hold is something you will have been presented upon completing the course so that you feel you have something in exchange for the thousands of pounds you gave them. I have a similar certificate which indicates that I have been taught the absolute basics of an ROV system with additional paperwork outlining the IMCA competency requirements for PT1, nothing more. There is no expiry date as far as I'm aware either.
Quote
At what point did I say it was a qualification?

Anyway the thousands you talk off were paid by my dad and furthermore I was the best PT 2 that fort william had ever seen and THATS the reason i'm getting my dad to pay again so I can go and get more contacts again. I broke even with paying for the first course with the one trip i did and pretty sure i'll make more once i've done another. Anyway, the money isn't important, i just want to do it.
Quote
Number1 wrote:
At what point did I say it was a qualification?

Anyway the thousands you talk off were paid by my dad and furthermore I was the best PT 2 that fort william had ever seen and THATS the reason i'm getting my dad to pay again so I can go and get more contacts again. I broke even with paying for the first course with the one trip i did and pretty sure i'll make more once i've done another. Anyway, the money isn't important, i just want to do it.



Hey Number1, chill out man, non of us are trying to kill your enthusiasm for the job, we're just trying to save you a few bucks. That certificate wont increase your chances of another contract. Just hard work and research and a lot of phone calls will do that. If the company you went out with the first time hasn't got you back out with in 3 months it means they have no work for casuals or you got a bad report (which you wont get told about) and they don't want you back (which they will never tell you). Just send your CV out to as many companies as you know of and make sure to call them next day. And do some electrical and mechanical courses, they are a lot more use to you than ROV certifications.

cheers,
Eddy
Quote
If you read this for what its worth, its got to be either a wind-up, or he's a @&*#-up!! The whole date joined ROVworld, first trip, only trip since he did FW, experienced NOW, #1 P/T at FW(EVER) and dad pays for all thing PLUS the reply, cries for another terrible 50 message long series of rants, accusations and the obligatory @&*# off replies in the end. But it NEVER DOES... Please, everyone for the sake of ROVworld let this one die a quick death.

Anyone that is or wants to be in this profession reads through this site on a regular basis and can find their way with the help of like minded professionals. Help the ones that are here and know how to communicate, not just excrementally challenged punters taking the piss.

If he is REAL, and still in the industry in a year, its because no-one else could be found and we saw him and did nothing about it.

Done.
Quote
gvb67 wrote:
If you read this for what its worth, its got to be either a wind-up, or he's a @&*#-up!! The whole date joined ROVworld, first trip, only trip since he did FW, experienced NOW, #1 P/T at FW(EVER) and dad pays for all thing PLUS the reply, cries for another terrible 50 message long series of rants, accusations and the obligatory @&*# off replies in the end. But it NEVER DOES... Please, everyone for the sake of ROVworld let this one die a quick death.

Anyone that is or wants to be in this profession reads through this site on a regular basis and can find their way with the help of like minded professionals. Help the ones that are here and know how to communicate, not just excrementally challenged punters taking the piss.

If he is REAL, and still in the industry in a year, its because no-one else could be found and we saw him and did nothing about it.

Done.


Fair call, lol, the lad does need to grow up
Quote
Eddy wrote:
Number1 wrote:
At what point did I say it was a qualification?

Anyway the thousands you talk off were paid by my dad and furthermore I was the best PT 2 that fort william had ever seen and THATS the reason i'm getting my dad to pay again so I can go and get more contacts again. I broke even with paying for the first course with the one trip i did and pretty sure i'll make more once i've done another. Anyway, the money isn't important, i just want to do it.



Hey Number1, chill out man, non of us are trying to kill your enthusiasm for the job, we're just trying to save you a few bucks. That certificate wont increase your chances of another contract. Just hard work and research and a lot of phone calls will do that. If the company you went out with the first time hasn't got you back out with in 3 months it means they have no work for casuals or you got a bad report (which you wont get told about) and they don't want you back (which they will never tell you). Just send your CV out to as many companies as you know of and make sure to call them next day. And do some electrical and mechanical courses, they are a lot more use to you than ROV certifications.

cheers,
Eddy


Thanks for the advice Eddy. I've currently got an NC in mechanical engineering and i'm PAT qualified. Do you think I need more than this to be more employable? It's not rocket science i'm trying to get more work in.
Quote
gvb67 wrote:
If you read this for what its worth, its got to be either a wind-up, or he's a @&*#-up!! The whole date joined ROVworld, first trip, only trip since he did FW, experienced NOW, #1 P/T at FW(EVER) and dad pays for all thing PLUS the reply, cries for another terrible 50 message long series of rants, accusations and the obligatory @&*# off replies in the end. But it NEVER DOES... Please, everyone for the sake of ROVworld let this one die a quick death.

Anyone that is or wants to be in this profession reads through this site on a regular basis and can find their way with the help of like minded professionals. Help the ones that are here and know how to communicate, not just excrementally challenged punters taking the piss.

If he is REAL, and still in the industry in a year, its because no-one else could be found and we saw him and did nothing about it.

Done.


No need to get personal mate. I mean we're all gods creatures. Obscenities show a true lack of inteligense and you really made a fool of yourself there. Just saying.
Quote
Quote:
Managed one trip so far and loved it. The food was great and it wasn't too cold


Thank you for your in-depth feed back on your situation, the weather and the food.

I agree with *gvb67* on the wind up theory.

If not, I would give you some advise and do some filing on your attitude, otherwise you will be the pour lad who gets send to do the inventory, because nobody wants him around.

It is not only what you know offshore, but also how you get along with the team.

For your sake I hope it is a wind up, otherwise long lonely inventory hours.
Quote
Quote:
lack of inteligense and you really made a fool of yourself there


Irony.
Talk in anger and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.

www.savante.co.uk
Underwater Subsea laser scanner
Underwater Subsea laser profiler
Underwater Subsea laser module
Underwater Subsea laser image scaling
Quote
Laughing
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
Quote
Savante wrote:
Quote:
lack of inteligense and you really made a fool of yourself there


Irony.


I laughed when I typed this, glad it wasn't wasted.

goodbye, fed up already
Quote
Like Number1's original windup thread,
http://www.rovworld.com/ftopic-4189-days0-orderasc-0.html
this one has run its course.

Thread Locked.

Display posts from previous:







View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum