ROVworld Subsea Information

UI 2017 Trade Show Registration
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
If anybody has previous experience of working with a company called EMAS could they post their views and opinions onto this thread.

www.emas.com

I heard that they're buying 16 rov's, a mix of XLX'S and UHD's and needing guy's.

Any views on Bourbon would be of help too, I hear they are picking up more work for their UHD rov's.

Much appreciated
Big silence from scotbeve?????? Twisted Evil
Try making sense with you comments, if you don't have a straight answer then don't post.

Shocked
I was having a private dig at Scott. Sorry , it won't happen again. I will stick to e-mail and never grace your forum again.
IndustrialWhore wrote:
Big silence from scotbeve?????? Twisted Evil

Emas are doing pretty good in general.... Just saw your comment Hoe'... And, huh?
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Why would any company buy two different types of ROV's?

It would be difficult for spares and crew.

I can not see this being true.

DanF
DANFROV wrote:
Why would any company buy two different types of ROV's?

It would be difficult for spares and crew.

I can not see this being true.

DanF

What do you mean Dan? Haven't you ever seen a workclass and an eyeball class on the same vessel? Plenty of companies have bought and have on their assets sheets, several different ROV systems.
No I mean to buy 8 XLX's and 8 UHD's is quite a difficult mix of vehicles to rotate the same crew through.

It is a lot easier if you have 16 UHD's or 16 XLX's for training and continuety purposes, + spares.

DanF
DANFROV wrote:
No I mean to buy 8 XLX's and 8 UHD's is quite a difficult mix of vehicles to rotate the same crew through.

It is a lot easier if you have 16 UHD's or 16 XLX's for training and continuety purposes, + spares.

DanF

Dan,

You'll probably find that there may be 2 different teams at first and slowly cross-train / swap-overs. Only a guess and it's what I would do if sitting in the big chair.
I can just imagine they are needing quite a few crew if this is true since I assume their exsisting crews are working the equipment they already got.

Is this a fact that they are buying this or just a rumour?

Dan

View next topic
View previous topic