UI 2017 Trade Show Registration
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Subsea7 Supervisor 100 piloting hours required

Found this on www.subsea7.com in an online application for Supervisor

Do you have experience of ROV Drill Support Operations? Yes No

Do you have experience of ROV Tooling Deployment Units? Yes No

Do you have more than 100 hours or more experience of piloting ROV systems? Yes No

100 piloting hours for a Supervisor caught my eye. They must be very desperate for Supervisors.

Thinking of getting my wife a job with them. She does not have piloting experience, but a few years pushing the trolley through Tesco will most likely satisfy SS7 harsh requirements. These hours are not logged though.

The required experience might be satisfied with pole vaulting she did when younger. I am sure Human Resources are able to see the similarities between pole vaulting and Drill Support /Construction work.

I would appreciate further input, which might be helpful for setting my wife up as a SS7 ROV Supervisor. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lee
I would suggest that ss7 take stock of how they are operating as Im sure they will end up alienating everyone.
Register with the IROVA guys and get the numbers up.Spread the word and lets get started fixing the wrongs in our industry.

register@IROVA.org

Last edited by IROVA on 14:23 Wed 07 Jul 10; edited 1 time in total
100 hours for a sup is way off the mark.. it could be 100hrs of drill support! How useful is that??
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up

View next topic
View previous topic