ROVworld Subsea Information

Powerful and Silent Subsea Thrusters
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Whats happened with Canyon in Singapore..They seem to have gone very quiet.Anyone heard anything..dont they have any work on in SEA..They had a bit on in Oz last year on the Pyrenees project,but dont think the Proteus is still on that..
Haven't heard a squidge of news...
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Quiet, i had a few jobs for them but not much going on now
I dropped by Canyon Sg a week or so ago and the office seemed quiet. The Offshore Personnel Mgr barely gave me the time of day (granted I'm a Senior Pilot -tech not a Supervisor) and was NOT positive at all -not even a thank you for dropping by ( I know, I'm much too sensitive...)
I had heard a rumour in one of the bars in Pattaya that Sonsub had sold assets to Canyon ( I'm really not sure how these things get started). Not so at all according to more reliable sources than Bernie's BS &B. Canyon's parent co. Helix put a lot of capital into ships and the trickle down is that Canyon is having difficulty getting adequate spares to those systems that are working.
BTW, I'm reporting - NOT investigating, so no sources or vouching for accuracy of the above.
Subdriver,

For reliable info you now need to go to Bambooze in Changi.

Where are you in Pattaya?

Andy
Heard that Canyon Sing got a big job in Malaysia for Murphy Oil. Work for 5 ROVs, 3 new Triton XLS.
New offshore personal manager.
John99 wrote:
Heard that Canyon Sing got a big job in Malaysia for Murphy Oil. Work for 5 ROVs, 3 new Triton XLS.
New offshore personal manager.

Ya' sure about that??? Or just the rumor mill?
Yes, spoke today with the new Pers. Offshore Manager. DaBo is gone, but the crews are already set up.
Harley sold?
John99 wrote:
Yes, spoke today with the new Pers. Offshore Manager. DaBo is gone, but the crews are already set up.
Harley sold?

Interesting.... the plot thickens as I've heard different.

View next topic
View previous topic