ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Hi all,

I have done btech in Instrumentation & Control Eng. and have done MTech in Natural Gas Engineering.I am very eager to work as a ROV pilot tech.Can any body help me what i can do for become an ROV pilot
Pankaj wrote:
Hi all,

I have done btech in Instrumentation & Control Eng. and have done MTech in Natural Gas Engineering.I am very eager to work as a ROV pilot tech.Can any body help me what i can do for become an ROV pilot

Read...

Then get some brass ones when you ask about your dayrate.... DO NOT UNDERCUT ANYONE!!!!
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Pankaj,

There are some really great training centers that in just a few short weeks will be able graduate you as PT2 with all the IMCA requirements signed off. Most of these centers will also help you find work. Laughing

Chief
AND.... I have some very nice land in Florida for sale after you've made your mega-dollars being in this industry. AND WAIT!!!! There's more.... !!!! There's a lervurly bridge in Brooklyn with your name on it!!!
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
How did you know chief's name was Dorman Long ? Laughing
Hehe,

It aint alot of help here (As usual)

How to become an ROV pilot? Do the course or not?

I did the course in Norway a year ago. We where 6 people. 5 out of 6 are now in the ROV industry. (The six'th guy I lost contact with)

Well, needless to say, none of us where cab drivers or chefs before, but had a decent trade background. Personally I never regret taking the course. Not to get the so called IMCA PTII "certificate" some schools offer, but to learn the different components in an ROV system and get some basic flying sessions. For me, that was good enough to learn more......

Will the ROV school find job for you?....... Forget it
Will the job find you?...... Nope
Is it enough to just sit home and send CV's around........ Usually never work

Whether you choose to attend a ROV school or not, you will find yourself in a situation not unlike a prostitute. You have to sell yourself and seek out peoples and companies. Make them believe you could be an asset for them

Well, it ain't the best time now I would say, but I managed to get into the ROV industry as a trainee during the so called down turn.

To conclude. Nothing is impossible if you really want it

Cheers

ND
Do your own research online and find out for yourself. It seems to me that anyone who comes on here and ask how to become a pilot is too idle to be in the industry and should forget it.
ND's comments were pretty much on the mark Thumb Up
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
ND,
Well summarised. Accurate and constructive.

Success

View next topic
View previous topic