ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Guys please tell me should I go for Fort Williams The Underwater Center or Challenger TAFE-Fremantle in Australia to get certified with the ROV Pilot Technician ?
Neither , don't waste your money !
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
i know nothing abot ROVs ,pure nothing.....how would anybody employ me Lost? and if no need taking those courses,does that make the study of electronics and hydraulics enough to get a job in the ROV world ?! , i surely dont wanna spend the bulck of money i have,cuz its almost all i have...but do i have any other true alternative
They would , Yes , Don't need to and Yes !
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
The difficulty for you Mido is that I sense are two trains of thought about whether attending an ROV training course is worth it or not.

Most people that have been working offshore for some time have very little time for training schools as often, they may appear to be selling a product by devious means employing the usual phrases like:

Exciting job, international travel, earn big bucks, meet interesting people etc etc.
All your job and money worries are over is just about what they are touting.

Overall the dream ends up shattered and that's why some experienced hands are critical of the system.

As this thread isn't about the merits of attending a training school or not I will start another thread on just that topic.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
yes pleas james start a thread about it,cuz i'm very distracted now about this whole thing..and thx again Lost
It's here:

http://www.rovworld.com/phpnuke/ftopict-2148.html#15158
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
James,

I think your Avatar is very apt for the individual.

View next topic
View previous topic