ROVworld Subsea Information

UI 2017 Trade Show Registration
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Hi there

Slayered Here

I would like to know how is Subsea 7 working conditions (Cabins; Food; ect...) what benefits do you have with Subsea 7..?

Cheers Confused
It all depends where you are working for them, ie. if it is on one of their vessels or a third party location.

Their newer vessels are spot on but they still have some older ones where it might not be as 4 star as you seem to expect lol.
Slayered here

That I still have to see on witch vessel they going to use me but I know it is going to be one with a work class rov on a construction vessel. I must say I cant wait to join them as I know they are the best rov company in the world.

Cool
Cheers
Slayered
Cool
I home you still have that opinion after working for them a couple of years Very Happy Good luck Smile
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
Embarassed Home was supposed to be hope , Er , sorry Confused
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
I was on subsea7's Rock Water today, good eating.

But not as good as their Pelican, some nights the eatings as good as restaurants. Well, here in Phd anyway Laughing

They're more DSV's though, great boats to work on by the looks of it.
I am on the SS7 Viking a very impressive vessel , good conditions , great nosh and decent guys , no political bullshit , refreshing after Canyon and OC.
out of UK SS7 seem a well organised company.
Havent worked in an ROV capacity but in my limited experience SS7 vessels are pretty good, the Viking is a cracking ship, one of the nicest I've seen, I was on board doing a Radascan installation over the course of a week along with a particularly traumatised Kongsberg engineer trying to do a DP s/w upgrade that just refused to go smoothly or work properly, say hi to Bruce Cowie if youre on at same time as him, former colleague. As it happens the radascan wasnt right when it left the factory (as usual) and post install it wasnt up to scratch either. The survey guys there were a huge help at the time and it seemed a good vessel to be on board.

Was briefly on one of the Rocky's and had a particularly odd slice of beef curry pizza one night :S
mindriot wrote:
...........say hi to Bruce Cowie if youre on at same time as him, former colleague.

There can't be that many Bruce Cowie's around so I would suggest the Bruce you are thinking of is now firmly located in the office at TSMarine in Aberdeen. Bruce has been there for a couple of years now.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
James, I take it Bruce is Big Al's brother ??
Different Bruce Cowie I think, far as I know the one I mention still does rotation on survey for my past employer, I think he is usually stationed up in the Bridge, anyways, sorry for the confusion.
Horris wrote:

You mean....40 ft. tractor/trailer Al...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh yeah, I remember!!
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Horris wrote:

Correct.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up

View next topic
View previous topic