ROVworld Subsea Information
Unique Newsletter for the whole industry involved in the submarine cable market.

•  Home  •  Downloads  •  Your Account  •  Forums  •

Search ROVworld

Enter Search Term Below

Custom Search
Site Navigation

Site Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 75,853,482
  • Today: 17,595
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 22, 2014
  • 06:21 am GMT

Books & Video's

ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

ROVworld :: View topic - ROV Sim Software
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: 08:27 Mon 16 Jun 08  

If you are looking for 3D modeling software and piloting simulation DO NOT BUY THIS ITS A TOTAL JOKE..... biggest waste of money ever....

http://www.marinesimulation.com/

Last edited by interspec on 02:17 Sun 22 Jun 08; edited 1 time in total 

interspec

PostPosted: 15:28 Mon 16 Jun 08  

LOL looks like a joke guess Oceaneering were the first to come up with a good simulator ,but hear the Perry and co are makeing better ones ,but as usual OI was first ,and then some one comes along and improves it ,but its alaways OI that comes up with the ideas just a shame they cant seem to see them through ,1 st Cyber chair ,now i belive that most companys are following in there footsteps with better desgins of it with the T4 master arm built in to the chair ,but its OI's vision that starts the process always ,and OI are now developing new space suit for NASA $180 mill contract You just have to look back in history of Rov for deep dives and wot not alaways OI are first ,so are OI not the true inovators to begin with and then some one takes the idea and goes further with it .

Horsepower

PostPosted: 16:03 Mon 16 Jun 08  

OI true innovators......... Pity about the magnum then Very Happy

mind-when-this-was-fields

PostPosted: 16:09 Mon 16 Jun 08  

Quote:
DO NOT BUY THIS ITS A TOTAL JOKE..... biggest waste of money ever....

Can you give any reasonable points why this simulation software is a waste of money?
I asume you bought a copy and have experience with this simulator.

And how does Marine Simulation compare with the sims listed below?

Other sims:
- Perry Slinsby VMax
- Schilling ROV Simulator
- Oceaneering MIMIC
- General Robotics Ltd
- GRI Simulations

Rons_ROV_Links

ROVworld Webteam

PostPosted: 17:38 Mon 16 Jun 08  

mind-when-this-was-fields wrote:
OI true innovators......... Pity about the magnum then Very Happy

Yep thats what i was meaning ,but hey the magnum does the job as they are cheap and easy to build,and for drill support just the ticket although why they just dont build Millenums lord knows almost same footprint cost must be about the same apart from 2 extra thrusters ,simple thing is the more room you have on the sub the better nothing worse than being told er can you fit this big dreadge pump on the sub and you look at it then look at the sub and go we have a cgae mate and can you see any room on the sub for it ,were as a a millenum ,its yes sir no problem eve with a cage

Horsepower

PostPosted: 00:35 Tue 17 Jun 08  

OK

I'll Bite.

Oceaneering, and innovators? in the same sentence?

Your having a laugh, right.

Oceaneering has stolen or plagerised every idea they use.

You just have to ask ISE in Canada about that one. Where do you think the design for the magnum came from.

As to the cyber base chair. DSND Oceanteam were using these 12 years ago in the stealth.

There are no new idea's in this industry. Only ones nicked from somewhere else. And thats doubly true off OI

rovnumpty

PostPosted: 00:46 Tue 17 Jun 08  

There's nowt wrong with acquiring ideas from somewhere else if it makes our lives easier Smile That's progress !
It's when idiots in orifices THINK they have a better solution to the wheel and change the concepts without enquiring the end user what they think Sad
"Oh that looks good , we will use that idea ! That will make it easier to change out if we do it that way ! If we ask 'them' what will be less time comsuming , everyone will be happy Very Happy
If only life was so simple Confused

lostboy

PostPosted: 04:26 Tue 17 Jun 08  

lostboy wrote:
There's nowt wrong with acquiring ideas from somewhere else if it makes our lives easier Smile That's progress !
It's when idiots in orifices THINK they have a better solution to the wheel and change the concepts without enquiring the end user what they think Sad
"Oh that looks good , we will use that idea ! That will make it easier to change out if we do it that way ! If we ask 'them' what will be less time comsuming , everyone will be happy Very Happy
If only life was so simple Confused

Oh how true .....progress just for progress sake without operator input so often leads to complexity and loss of productivity.

people have always copied other tribes good ideas going back to the stone age ,thats human nature. but if your stone axe is already better than the one you copy then your an idiot, and its the same for 21st century technology.

liddelljohn

PostPosted: 04:48 Tue 17 Jun 08  

I'll join your tribe Smile
I prefer Bow 'n Arrows Very Happy

lostboy

PostPosted: 06:29 Wed 18 Jun 08  

Currently stripping source code to divise outcome

will let you know when we have prefection...is that possible...lol

will keep you posted currenlty involved in Ops so may take a little time

take it easy..

Borg...

interspec

PostPosted: 10:35 Wed 18 Jun 08  

i have used the Schilling UHD simulators several times and it is very good. at $7000 a day to rent the system, it can get expensive.

mudflap276

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: 15:44 Fri 01 Aug 08  

Interspec and I recently had a dispute over an eBay purchase I made from him. I'm surprised he would vent his anger by slandering our product and my company on an open forum. He has his money and we won't do business with him again, as far as I'm concerned that's the end of that.

As far as our software simulators are concerned, we have had nothing but positive responses from all of our customers. Our goal is two-fold: first to provide a low cost, feature rich product (ie. 95% of the features for less than 5% of the cost of a "high end" simulator). And secondly, to provide simulators for smaller, inspection class ROV's. Keep in mind that simulators by GRI, Fugro, etc. start at $30K and can cost several hundred thousand dollars. What we are providing is a lower-cost alternative.

We currently offer three products:
ROVsimŪ Undersea Pilot Series Volume One (SeaBotix LBV 200 ROV)
ROVsimŪ Undersea Pilot Series Volume Two (SeaEye Falcon ROV)
ROVsimŪ Custom ROV Simulator

The Undersea Pilot Series is intended as a low cost, "off the shelf" simulator for individuals and schools. For companies needing more features, more extensive environments and missions we also offer a custom solution.

The free demo software on our website is a features limited, very small sample of what our software is capable of. I invite you to visit our website, register and download the demo, and take a look at our videos and information. We appreciate -constructive- feedback and are adding new features all the time.

Paul Unterweiser
President/Founder
Marine Simulation LLC
http://www.marinesimulation.com/

MarineSimulationLLC

PostPosted: 16:19 Fri 01 Aug 08  

Hey Russ, thanks for sharing that with us...guess you get what you pay for. The Perry suit at Houston is impressive if you get a chance, went out there to try to break it when it was first installed.

I use RC airplane/glider/helicopter software, fun, much more hand/eye cordination needed. Graphics are Photorealistic and you get a USB twin joystick controller that you can set up infinately.

Offices should stick to their jobs and let the engineers do the concept - final build Smile

T

T-Boy

View next topic
View previous topic