ROVworld Subsea Information

UI 2017 Trade Show Registration
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
I have been getting some prices for UK and UK/Norwegian combined medicals certs.

I got the details from the oil and gas website.

One company said for a combined they want £110 for UK and £110 for Norwegian. When i asked why they said its cause they have to carry out blood tests and a chest xray.

Reading this forum the chest xray and blood test relates to the seafarers Norweigan medical?

Do the ROV guys get a normal Norweigan one?
Norwegian medicals there is atleast two different types i just get the maritime one these days depends on your needs really.

costs well depends on location really.
Hi mate

I had my Norwegian cert during my UKOOA examination.Just ask to the doctor.There is extra fees for it.Not so expensive.Can't remember exactly really but approx 30£.The practitionner just fill a form in Norwegian,you have to sign it and that's it.
Hop it will helps
Cheers
Had my UKOOA and Norwegian medical back in February - cost £120 for the two combined.
For usual offshore Oil & Gas operations a normal OGUK medical with an additioonal Norwegian cert is acceptible.

OGUK mecial is about GBP100.00-GBP110.00
Norwegian cert is an additional GBP10-20 dependiong on where you go.

An OGUK Offshore Medical consists of the following:

Screening:-
Completion of Patient Questionnaire

Urinalysis – routine urine test with immediate result
BMI – measurement of height, weight and calculation of Body Mass Index
Near Distance and Colour Vision
Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
Lung Function Test (peak flow)
Audiogram (hearing test)
Consultation with a doctor

No chest Xray or blood tests is required.

Some alernative enrgy and cable jobs might call for a Maritime medical. That is another matter.
Paul76 wrote:
I have been getting some prices for UK and UK/Norwegian combined medicals certs.

I got the details from the oil and gas website.

One company said for a combined they want £110 for UK and £110 for Norwegian. When i asked why they said its cause they have to carry out blood tests and a chest xray.

Reading this forum the chest xray and blood test relates to the seafarers Norweigan medical?

Do the ROV guys get a normal Norweigan one?

The blood test and chest x ray is not required for us, only if you are part of the ships crew, £110 for the combined is around the normal price as stated.

View next topic
View previous topic