ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Hi Folks,

I last worked offshore in Norway in 2005. Since then I have heard nothing. Today I received a bill for several £000 plus nearly as much in interest on arrears.

The information is scant - defining that I owed tax in 2006 for work in 2005. I only did about 6 weeks work in that time. And since then I have been PAYE in the UK.

In the time in between I heard nothing.

I have remittance notes from my agent showing that they deducted 25% of the day rate to cover the Norwegian Tax.

The letter advises that they will start enforcement proceedings.

I only received the letter as it was forwarded from a previous address.

Any advice on the best course of action, I have always submitted my tax returns in the UK and I never saw this coming.

Please reply if you have any related and relevant experience/knowledge.

Cheers, DS
Does anyone know for how long and HOW the Norwegian Tax Authority keep after you?
Did appr. 6 weeks offshore in 2010 in Norway and received two weeks ago a letter from the Norwegian Tax Collector. They were asking for my bank account details for a possible tax refund. Last week I received another letter telling me the amount of refund. They will receive the info asap. Wink

More information: www.taxnorway.no and here http://www.skatteetaten.no/en/International-pages/Felles-innhold-benyttes-i-flere-malgrupper/Articles/Tax-settlement-notice--tax-refund/#kapitteltekst
Rons_ROV_Links wrote:
Did appr. 6 weeks offshore in 2010 in Norway and received two weeks ago a letter from the Norwegian Tax Collector. They were asking for my bank account details for a possible tax refund. Last week I received another letter telling me the amount of refund. They will receive the info asap. Wink

Nice to see that happen occasionally Cool

View next topic
View previous topic