ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Hi New to the forum and just wondered if someone could give me some advice on finding employment.Looking to get into the industry but as you all know agents want 18 months to 2 years operational experience. I was advised by one agent to apply for trainee positions but been looking at them and being an old fart now to old.I have got mechanical, hydraulic and also offshore experience.Any advice would be much appreciated Cheers.
hallo Oddjob...

We are in the same boat, looking for trainee position. I don't understand why all this company never give a chance to show what we can do for them.... all they want is the experience guys.. even we have all the qualification and strong technical knowledge PLUS hands-on....If then, until when we will get the experience to work if all this company never give us a chance.. hhhmmmm... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
That's the big question...why haven't I got a job???

Well, this is possibly not due to your 'experience PLUS hands on' as you put it, but your lack of understanding of this industry.

As for 'advice on finding employment'; What can you say Rolling Eyes

Best advice here, know and (try to understand) the state of this industry BEFORE you try to get into the game.

Without handing it to you on a plate, the forums are a wealth of information, everything you need is here.
I was on the kettle!
Cheers T-Boy will keep looking on the forum and gathering info just a little frustrating mate thats all.

View next topic
View previous topic