ROVworld Subsea Information

Powerful and Silent Subsea Thrusters
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
James, have your site hits exploded since the GOM incident introduced ROV's to a wider audience.

I noticed that in the couple of minutes it took to read one article the site view counter went up by about 300. Good going pal.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro! (I came, I saw, I stuck around!)
Thanks for the feedback.. Yep! I'm pleased to report that there has been a surge in visitors/page views.

What's it down to?

There are a couple of factors I guess....

One is of course the GOM incident.
ROVworld does show up in search engines quite highly when searching on ROV, sub-sea related terms so any Joe public searching GOM, BP, ROV, etc. might see us pop up a lot in results. Ron has been adding news as and when it pops up and the long running Forum thread on the disaster contains a lot of keywords too.

The other may be attributed to the fact that a few months back we shifted all our files to the root URL www.ROVworld.com/ whereas for many years prior to that we ran the site under ROVworld.com/phpnuke/ which isn't overly friendly for users and search engines alike.

We are now using short SEF (Search Engine Friendly file names) and a few other SEO enhancements so that might be helping too.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up

View next topic
View previous topic