ROVworld Subsea Information

Deep Trekker Micro ROV Remotely Operated Vehicle
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Quote:
So, you only work on UKCS and UK flagged vessels?

Nope , Anywhere my services are needed and for the same amount of money , If Mr Philipa gets the same amount as me , I'm okay with that as that means he is worth it or better Cool
Quote:
No you don't, that's why you work offshore.

Yes I do , And it is only Because of the Tax rebate that I still keep doing it Shocked Otherwise I would move on to other more lucrative jobs
Quote:
and our standard of living is higher !
Quote:
Visiting Britain always feel like going 50 years back in time.

Who are you kidding Confused You saying its cheaper electirckery ,telephone bills , water ,council tax , Petrol prices etc than europe , Oh and cars are cheaper in the UK ? And food ? How about a pint of milk ? Lump of cheese then ? I know ! Smile How about a pair of Nike Trainers ? , Er , I don't think so old chap !
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
lostboy wrote:

Quote:
Visiting Britain always feel like going 50 years back in time.

Who are you kidding Confused You saying its cheaper electirckery ,telephone bills , water ,council tax , Petrol prices etc than europe , Oh and cars are cheaper in the UK ? And food ? How about a pint of milk ? Lump of cheese then ? I know ! Smile How about a pair of Nike Trainers ? , Er , I don't think so old chap !

True, and yet for all the high costs........ the public transport system stinks (in more ways than one), the crime rate is through the roof and being allowed to run unabated, the roads are in poor repair and congested, motorists are seen as a cash source by the UK government whilst other crims walk away with a slap on the wrist for beating up a granny, people in general are pissed off with life but stuck in a rat trap (a UK expression used often by it's own people).

So why on earth would a foreign national want to come to the UK to work with all that to contend with??

It's seems that they do though.... of course eventually they may well replace the people that employed them in the first instance Wink
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
Because we pay more and our standard per hourly rate is higher than where these aliens live , That's why Confused
On The Buses Shocked
"I'll get you Butler !"
Back to the original topic

Are you working in the UK sector and are there any foreign nationals on the team?
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

No and yes Very Happy
Lost,

Ergo... you're the foreigner... heh,heh
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Not as foriegn as you though Laughing
OK.... Maybe I'll re-ask the full question (from the first post in this thread) and maybe get the kind of information being sought.

Are you currently on a North Sea job (or just off one) where there is/was a foreign national flown in from overseas being employed as an ROV tech on a rate that you suspect is way under the norm for the UK (i.e. cheap labour)?

Sensible answers on a postcard to......
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View next topic
View previous topic