ROVworld Subsea Information

UI 2017 Trade Show Registration
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
A follow on from the postings on the now lost forum, there was a thread about Fugro being in talks with Rotech to purchase them. Someone at the time had said they herad it would be a done deal by Christmas.

Unfortunately the forum had crashed before I could post a message to say it would be a matter of 2 - 3 weeks not months.

As it is, during our small break in service, the announcement has been made that the purchase has gone ahead. Plans to Fugro-ise Rovtech Im sure will now be underway Smile

At present, they will be renamed Fugro-Rovtech. There almost certainly will not be redundancies, certainly not on the offshore side.
They are getting pretty big aren't they ! Shocked
It's usually the time for little companies to spawn and take a piece of the action !
Ring any bells !
Andrew Beverage Per chance Shocked
I think the plan is for the Rovtech to move everything into the Fugro offices early in 2007. Things for Rovtech-Fugro / Fugro-Rovtech will run from there.

There are no planned redundancies, as I know it, to either office or offshore staff.
Gina McLauchlan
Webmistress & Forum Admin
http://www.ROVworld.com
http://www.ROVworld.eu
I'm fairly sure there will be no redundancies - Fugro Rovtech are going to be the ROV side of Fugro Survey, Rovtech do not have that many onshore staff. Absolutely definately thatre will be no offshore redundancies - who can afford people to leave right now - and there are not enough onshore at Rovtech to justify any redundancies.

Fugro Rovtech are already advertising for all levels of offshore staff.

Mr Bev. is remaining with Fugro Rovtech (for the moment at least).

I cant see any orders to Seaeye at the monent till we at least sort out what we have. I believe Rovtech had contracts in place with PSL for upgrades of their Spartans.
So Ray will you have to put some more weight on. I heard if they cut you in half it says FUGRO now it will have to read Fugro Rovtech.
No worries there Jim, the waist is getting bigger anyway!

Away down for a few days to MRV5 spudding in, its still on the Hunter but off Mauritania now.
So is ther going to be another round of pay harmonization at Fugro Question ?
luckyjim

all jobs are safe, must be true its from the upper management
TrueRed
Yes, all jobs are safe, and Yes there will be another contract harmonization.

Which is good news for the Rovtech boys as it means all their pay will go up!
Hi Kev,

It is you isn't it? I thought so. Yes, I remember that incident you mentioned.

dprover.
ray is on leave at the minute so don't expect an immediate reply.
TrueRed

View next topic
View previous topic