ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Anyone know if a VOP mobbed with an ROV conducting TDM and PLIB is liable for Noggie tax if it is working off the coast of Norway?

Does the ROV team have to have Nowegian medical/ survival certs?

I've asked tax advisers, the Old Man, my employer etc etc and all have given different answers Confused

Cheers

Wink

I now know why I always avoided the place before Smile
I've done telecoms work in Norway before and not been liable for any Norwegian Tax. As for the medical/survival that'll be down to what the client accepts as a suitable standard. What's a VOB by the way?
Thanks Pipetracker. Sounds promising.

VOP, also called VOO: Vessel of OPportunity / Vessel Of Opportunity

The Capt and officers have worked Norway before and have paid tax, they seem to think this will still be the case. I can't find anything on the Net and all advice so far is conflicting.

Confused
Got this from an accountant a while back.....

you are only liable for Norwegian tax when you are working subsea and not when you are in transit. However if the transit is mobilisation to, or demobilisation from work in Norwegian waters, tax liability will arise.
If you carry out work related to oil or gas within Norwegian waters you are liable to pay Norwegian tax. Transit time isn't counted as work.

If the work is NOT oil or gas related, then you are not liable.

However, depends on your nationality as different countries have different tax agreements. If UK, then certainly you do.
Ray is right

I did a quickie cable repair job off Norway and there was no tax involvement. It seems to be only energy sector work that is being taxed.
Thanks fellas, much appreciated. Looks like I'll be staying on this cruise ship with and ROV on the back deck a little while longer Very Happy

Wink

View next topic
View previous topic