ROVworld Subsea Information

Deep Trekker Micro ROV Remotely Operated Vehicle
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Rolling Eyes Im looking to join the real people of the ROV/AUV fraternity
and was wondering if my training and experience would really have any bearing for the commercial world? 18 years experience in semi-tech support and 12 as a pilot in coax and fibre optic controlled ROVs (French ECA PAP MK1 & 2, SEAFOX) and more recently (18MONTHS) AUV operator (REMUS 100)
you any good at flyin that REMUS?? Laughing To be honest, sounds like you have more than enough experience to do the inspection class vehicles at least!
Talk in anger and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.

www.savante.co.uk
Underwater Subsea laser scanner
Underwater Subsea laser profiler
Underwater Subsea laser module
Underwater Subsea laser image scaling
So you've been workig on the Sandown Class a fair bit then? You must have been up at BUTEC, we surveyed an area with the ROV there to be used to lay mines for training by the Minehunters.

Read through the FAQs (link over on the left) and read the section on how to lay out your CV and start sending it out to ROV companies, you should get a job easy enough with that experience.
Smile yeh extremely good at flying Remus lol. Just finished ops in North Arabian Gulf. Been to BUTEC many times and going back to one of them damn Sandowns (M111). Is there anyone else out there using AUV's in the commercial world??
A fair number of AUVs about, Fugro being one (as I work for them).

Butec is also right outside my door Smile Give me a shout when your tied up at the Railway Pier Smile
Razz HI mate

how's things onboard now your back at sea Wink

View next topic
View previous topic