ROVworld Subsea Information

Register Today for Underwater Intervention 2017
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
i am considering taking a UK staff job but not having worked or paid UK tax for 18 years as i have been contracting worldwide or using LTd companies. Where can i get advice on the best procedures to take, sop i can make an informed decision.
What is it you are needing advice on, you haven't said.

Employees in the UK pay Income Tax and National Insurance.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/DG_4015566

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nic/
Can i work for the Uk ROV company but still live elsewhere and get paid gross or still use LTD company.what about seamans allowances etc .i have not Paid any UK tax or National insurance for so long i know nothing about it or the pensions arrangments.

All my assets are in thailand etc.

can you reccomend any advisors for Tax etc.
You will be taxed on the days worked in uk I'm afraid Confused
Put ya brain in gear before ye open thy gob !
try seatax ltd in doncaster.
www.seatax.ltd.uk
info@seatax.ltd.uk
depends if you are going to live in the uk or just work offshore in the uk and live elsewhere.
liddelljohn wrote:
Can i work for the Uk ROV company but still live elsewhere and get paid gross or still use LTD company.what about seamans allowances etc .i have not Paid any UK tax or National insurance for so long i know nothing about it or the pensions arrangments.

All my assets are in thailand etc.

Most UK companies will allow you to live elsewhere - as long as elsewhere is within Western Europe.

If you are taken on as an employee they will not pay you Gross or Ltd Company etc. as in that case you will not BE an employee. If you are a Ltd company they may take you on on a contractor basis, but they prefer to use Agencies as its more convenient for them.

Seamans allowance is only if you are an employee of a company and only work on ships counts, and only then when the ship leaves the UK sector each and every time it sails + other rules - its not so easy to qualify for it these days.
Thanks for the help guys .

View next topic
View previous topic