ROVworld Subsea Information

Deep Trekker Micro ROV Remotely Operated Vehicle
ROVworld Subsea Information: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Quote
Ummm...

What about us poor oke's in Africa....

For f*#%'s sakes... spare us a buck whilst you move around would ya...

Sheeesh....
Quote
USA and China are EG's most important customers! This will make visa requirements for nationals from these countries easier.
Quote
Yeah.... but that's hardly the point

Quote:
That is good because they are kicking all the UK guys out of the GOM no not us guys on us flaged vessles because of the Jones act. So move us back over here and let the UK guys have Africa.


Africa's turn is comming.... and all countries have been taking her for a ride for too long... I just hope I live to see the day that Africans benefit somehow... not this bullshit about AID and 3rd world relief kak...

How's that for some politics... from a White Guy

As a matter of interest... do any of you overseas guys wanting a visa have to produce a police clearance certificate like we do as South Africans....?

Probably don't... but I'm actually quite interested to know if you do.... That would be like you boys overseas having to apply to work in your own back yard.....
Quote
Toon wrote:

As a matter of interest... do any of you overseas guys wanting a visa have to produce a police clearance certificate like we do as South Africans....?


Yes, to get a visa for Angola or Congo, the police clearance cert. is required.
Quote
Toon:

Quote:
As a matter of interest... do any of you overseas guys wanting a visa have to produce a police clearance certificate like we do as South Africans....?


Everybody has to produce a police clearance to get a work visa. If its Angola you're speaking about you have to produce a new original police clearance yearly.

An interesting development came out of the African Union meeting not so long ago. The development of an African Common Market was decided upon and one of the spin-offs is, that sometime in the future, visas for Africans to work in other African countries will be scrapped. Guess who the ROV companies will be employing to work in Africa?
Quote
Toon wrote:


Africa's turn is comming.... and all countries have been taking her for a ride for too long... I just hope I live to see the day that Africans benefit somehow... not this bullshit about AID and 3rd world relief kak...

How's that for some politics... from a White Guy


It's more a Flintstones versus Jetsons story!!!

JOHANNESBURG — The presidential election in Equatorial Guinea will undoubtedly extend the 30-year rule of Teodoro Obiang Nguema, a man accused of draining his nation's oil wealth to fabulously enrich family and cronies while his people suffer in slums.



Equatorial Guinea is consistently ranked near the top of the list of the most corrupt countries on the world's most corrupt continent.
Quote
Yup....

Besides the politics I think the point I was trying to make is that there is still a lot of work scope in Africa: Shell recently securing the exploration rights off SA's West coast, also (not Shell) the whole of Africas West coast still has a lot to offer and Africas East coast is totally unexploited....

Shows you what an optimist I am.... Africa is slowly comming right... her time is still comming
Quote
deepdown wrote:
the whole of Africas West coast still has a lot to offer and Africas East coast is totally unexploited....

Hi
No its not, been there a few years ago


How about.... 'largely' unexploited?

You don't hear much at all about the East coast on the O & G front.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up
Quote
They have loads of oil on the east coast. The Somalians especially and they even manage to produce it pre-loaded onto ships.
Quote
luckyjim37 wrote:
They have loads of oil on the east coast. The Somalians especially and they even manage to produce it pre-loaded onto ships.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Bril!
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Quote
Glad you guy's took the bait.... still think Africa is going to come out tops... would rather take it easy in Mombasa that do R&R in Scotland.... 5 deg North or South of the equator is good... but, hey... that's my opinion...
Quote
Roger that....
Quote
Post in English boys as per the forum rules.....
I got your economic downturn right here!!!
Quote
So much for the season of Goodwill.

All non English quotes removed (read the Forum Rules).

All political rhetoric not relevant to the thread removed. Back on subject or subject will be locked.
Quote
rayshields wrote:
So much for the season of Goodwill.

All non English quotes removed (read the Forum Rules).

All political rhetoric not relevant to the thread removed. Back on subject or subject will be locked.



Thank for stepping in Ray.... Thumb Up



To all members.
It appears that some people are beginning to forget that we have forum guidelines.

If you are one of those people please see:

General Posting Guidelines - PLEASE READ before posting.
James Mc
Site Admin
www.rovworld.com

Shocked Search First - Ask questions later Thumb Up

Display posts from previous:

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next





View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum