ROV NEWS: Next generation ROV simulators announced
Posted on 20.06.2011 - 09:00 UTC in ROV NEWS by Rons_ROV_Links
Morehead City, North Carolina, June 20, 2011 - Marine Simulation LLC announced today the release of ROVsim2
O&G and ROVsim2
Pro - their new family of next generation undersea robotics training simulator systems.
ROVsim2 reflects an important step in the development of 3D simulation and integrates a number of important new features and enhancements, including:
- Five new Oil and Gas missions, including two new anchor and suction piling support missions that can be used independently of or fully integrated with Marine Simulation's vSHIP ship simulator.
- Four new Search and Recovery missions, including an airliner "black box" recorder recovery mission modeled after the recent Air France recovery effort.
- A variety of new ROV tools, including 7, 5, and 3 function manipulators, cathodic potential (Cp) probe, ultrasonic thickness probe and laser measuring devices.
- Full serial communications (RS 232, RS422, etc) support so the simulator software can be integrated into custom control consoles and send data to external devices such as chart plotters and instrument displays.
- Extended support for Windows 7 64 bit operating systems enabling even larger and more complex mission areas than before.
Since its initial launch in 2006, ROVsim has become one of the most popular ROV training simulator systems on the market today. ROVsim and vSHIP simulators are being used world wide and are currently in use in over 60 training facilities and schools in 20 countries. ROVsim2 is expected to be available for delivery later this year.
Marine Simulation LLC produces interactive, computer-based 3D simulation software for training, presentations, as well as mission planning and rehearsal. Using state of the art technologies and nearly 3 decades of hands on industry experience, their simulations deliver a level of visual and functional realism never before possible. Marine Simulation LLC's website is: www.marinesimulation.com