Posted on 26.04.2010 - 08:00 UTC in AUV NEWS by jamesmc
THE SEAEYE SABERTOOTH is a merger of the Double Eagle SAROV™ (Saab Autonomous Remotely Operated Vehicles) and Saab Seaeye technologies, resulting in a hovering hybrid AUV/ROV with deep water capability, long excursion range and 360° manoeuvrability with 6 degrees of freedom. Sabertooth is ideal for autonomous inspection and maintenance of subsea installations, and offshore survey work.
• Operational depth of 3000 msw
• Battery power allowing long range operations, with either full operator control via a thin fibre
optic tether or autonomous operation (with operator control in proximity of targets)
• Full AUV functionality with obstacle avoidance, behaviour based control and underwater
• Redundant fault tolerant control system
• Non-invasive self-diagnostics
• Advanced autopilots: heading, depth, pitch, roll, stabilisation, altitude, station keeping,
vector transition, obstacle avoidance and sonar target tracking
• Remote internet interface for base and Seaeye technical support.