Posted on 29.06.2009 - 11:00 UTC in CONTRACT AWARDS by Rons_ROV_Links
Technip has been awarded a contract for the K2 field expansion project, operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in the Gulf of Mexico. Two additional wells will be tied back to the existing subsea equipment and to the Marco Polo platform with production flowlines.
These wells are located in Green Canyon Blocks 562 and 606, at a water depth of approximately 1,200 meters (4,000 feet).
The contract covers:
• project management and engineering,
• fabrication and installation of two rigid flowlines,
• design, fabrication and installation of four PLETs (Pipeline End Termination),
• nstallation of two free issue static umbilicals,
• tie-ins, pre-commissioning and survey.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled for the third quarter of 2009, using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.