Examine the developments of the world's ROV market with forecasts through 2008-2012
Posted on 11.11.2008 - 09:27 EST in ROV NEWS by Rons_ROV_Links
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the The World ROV Market Report 2008-2012 report to their offering. Building on previous versions of the popular World ROV Report, this new edition from industry analysts forecasts a significant increase in work-class activity over the next five years.
The World ROV Report is geared to the needs of the senior executive and assumes no previous reader knowledge of the subject area. The study describes the development of the industry and gives many examples of the various types of ROVs and the technologies involved. Individual sections discuss the fundamental technologies of positioning and obstacle avoidance; main ROV components such as umbilical cables, tooling, survey sensors, cameras and manipulators. Unique Market Modelling
The ROV modelling process is complex, identifying existing fleet numbers and forecasting growth through a number of industry conditions including deepwater & subsea expenditure and drillship & semi-submersible newbuild activity.
The World ROV Market Report 2008-2012 identifies 2007 operational expenditure in the global work-class market at just under $1.5 billion – a figure which is forecast to increase to a monumental $2.4 billion by the end of 2012. Increase in ROV demand is due to require over 650 new work-class units over the next five years – driven by the industry’s increasing push into deepwater and the present high oil price. Market Drivers & Influences
The report identifies and charts key underlying drivers and defines their influence on the global work-class ROV market, including global energy demand, oil supply, production profiles, offshore expenditure, drilling activity, rig availability, deepwater & subsea expenditure and innovative subsea processing technologies. Industry Players & Competitive Landscape
The report considers recent developments in the market and identifies key consolidation of work-class ROV operators. Fleet ownership and appendices outline significant companies, both vehicle operators and technology providers. An Acclaimed Series
The World ROV Market Report 2008-2012 is the latest in an acclaimed series of business studies used by organisations in 37 countries worldwide. These include oil majors, investment banks, offshore contractors, agencies and departments of governments. An Overview of the Report Contents
• Introduction & Executive Summary - overview of key report findings and underlying drivers.
• Introduction to Unmanned Underwater Vehicles - overview of ROV vehicle types and their purpose.
• Development & Evolution of the Unmanned Vehicle - the history and development of ROV technology and changes in markets and applications.
• UUV Technology - ROV Elements, operation & control, launch & recovery systems, umbilicals & tethers, frame materials & buoyancy, propulsion & maneuvering, cameras & lights, manipulators, tooling equipment and underwater navigation & positioning.
• Applications - seabed mining, marine renewable energy, oil & gas operations, pipeline operations, subsea cables, ocean research, aquaculture, salvage, search & rescue, military & security applications.
• ROV Sectors & Industries - security & inspection, military, trenching, burial & mining, deep water research, eyeball/ observation class & work class.
• Macro-Economic Drivers - a large number of underlying macro-economic drivers impact on the offshore oil & gas ROV industry; which are examined in detail here.
• The World ROV Market - underlying macro-economic and industry-specific drivers, overview of market modeling process, global work-class ROV markets by expenditure, ROV days and units. Capital expenditure on work-class ROV manufacture. Competitive landscape and operator fleet numbers. Overview of ROV manufacturers and market shares.
• Company Profiles - summary company profiles, hardware manufacturers, survey companies & vehicle operators. Key Topics Covered
1. Introduction & Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Unmanned Underwater Vehicles
3. Development and Evolution
6. Examples of ROVs
7. Macro-economic Drivers
8. The World ROV Market
9. Selected Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7fb59a/the_world_rov_mark