VisualDVR is a digital video recorder specifically designed for the offshore survey, inspection and ROV market.
By focusing on the features required for this market, the VisualDVR stands out from other digital video recorders.
A significant advantage of the VisualDVR is the fact that it was designed to ensure independence of the software from the hardware. This permits a variety of off-the-shelf PC platforms to be used, allowing users to select their own hardware on which to run the VisualDVR software.
VisualSoft has VisualDVR units available as a complete package in either 2U or 4U heights depending on video encoder configuration.
- Simple Control Wheel and menu
- Continuous 24-7 operation
- Optional black-box mode
- Optional built-in video overlay
- Support for all common formats, such as MPEG and WMV
- Frame rates up to 25fps(PAL) / 30fps (NTSC)
- Resolutions up to 768 x 576
- Bit rates up to 6Mbps
- Record to any media: CD, DVD, USB Disk, and SCSI Disk
- Automated archive to SCSI Tape Backup
- Record to multiple media simultaneously
- API for 3rd party integration
- Already integrated with these 3rd party inspection systems:
COABIS from Aker, (Aberdeen, UK)
Inspection Manager from Netlink, (Perth, Australia)
SIMS from Surespek, (Perth, Australia)
XPANS and SCOPE from Pisys, (Aberdeen, UK)
Source: VisualSoft News Letter