Technip has been awarded a contract by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the K2 Riser Base Gas Lift project, located in Green Canyon 608 in the Gulf of Mexico, at a water depth of approximately 1,300 meters.
Technip’s operating centre in Houston, Texas, USA, will conduct the overall project management.
The offshore installation is expected to be performed in the second half of 2015 by Technip’s Deep Blue, one of the world’s largest purpose-built ultra deepwater pipelay and subsea construction vessels.
This contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- design, fabrication, and installation of two PLEMs and four PLETs,
- installation of flowline, jumpers and associated terminations and hardware,
- installation of one free issued dynamic umbilical with SUTA and flying leads,
- pre-commissioning of the flowline and umbilical gas lift system.
Deanna Goodwin, President North America at Technip, stated: “We are delighted to have been awarded this new project in which we are able to provide enhancement infrastructure to increase and extend the life of an existing Gulf of Mexico field and facility. Technip appreciates the recognition of Anadarko for our involvement in the K2 development with flowline, riser and tie-in work performed previously in 2005 and 2009 and now with this recent contract.”