Technip was awarded by Sarawak Shell Berhad an engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning contract for two new gas-export lines at the Laila and D12 fields, respectively located 50 kilometers Northwest of Miri, at a water depth of 75 meters, and 140 kilometers offshore Bintulu, Malaysia, at a water depth of 50 meters.
The contract covers the:
- design, fabrication and installation of a five-kilometer flexible pipe and a ten-kilometer flexible pipe respectively of 7” and 12.8” diameters,
- diver installation of riser(1) clamps at both jacket platforms,
- pre-commissioning of the flowlines(2),
- project management.
Technip’s operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is executing the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2014. The flexible flowlines will be manufactured at Technip’s Asiaflex Products plant, in Tanjung Langsat, Malaysia. Technip’s new-built multipurpose installation and construction vessel, the Deep Orient, will be used for the installation.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79
Investor and Analyst Relations
Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 66 74
Tel: +33 (0) 1 47 78 36 27
Technip’s website http://www.technip.com