Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available: Submarine Electricity Transmission
The high-voltage submarine cable market is, by all definitions, a niche market with few purchasers and even fewer manufacturers and installers. The demand for these products is rapidly moving beyond the traditional role slotted for high-voltage submarine cables, connecting islands to nearby national grids. The usage of high-voltage submarine cables for grid interconnections and connecting offshore wind farms to nearby landmasses is on the rise.
Only a handful of manufacturers in the world are capable of producing and installing high-voltage subsea power cables, and Pike Research's analysis indicates that the limited supply chain for cables is not prepared to meet the increased demand that offshore renewable energy production and grid interconnection will place on the market. The constraints on the supply chain don't stop with the manufacturers. The site engineering companies and cable-laying ships required are highly specialized and also in limited supply. As countries all over the world experience an increased need for advanced grid connections and renewable power, cable manufacturers will need to significantly increase their production capabilities to keep up with the steady demand growth in the years ahead.
This Pike Research report examines the market opportunity and demand dynamics for submarine HVDC and HVAC power cable projects around the world. The study analyzes the continuing expansion of such projects and the increased strain that this growing demand will place on the existing undersea transmission supply chain. Prominent projects and key industry players are profiled in depth, and market forecasts for each world region extend through 2020.
Key Questions Addressed
- What are the most common uses for high-voltage submarine power cables?
- Does the current supply chain for submarine power cables have the capacity to meet the demand for future projects?
- Which geographic regions will experiences the greatest demand for submarine power cables and what types of projects will they undertake?
- Which geographic areas have the highest capability to supply submarine power cables?
- What drives the demand for submarine power cable projects?
- What types of submarine cable technology will be the most prevalent in future projects?
- At what rate will the submarine power cable industry grow?
- Who are the key players in the submarine power cable market?
- What proposed projects will challenge the demand for submarine power cables?
- How many high-voltage submarine cables will be installed between 2011 and 2020?
Who needs this report?
- Suppliers of submarine power cables
- Suppliers of power cable components
- Submarine power cables installers
- Utility companies considering the use of submarine power cables to expand their existing electrical grid
- Transmission system operators (TSO)
- Wind farm operators
- Offshore industries interested in linking their operations to the onshore grid
- Renewable energy operators
- Energy grid operators
- Investors looking for renewable energy projects and market forecasts
To order this report