Technip has been awarded by TAQA Bratani Ltd. an installation contract for the development of the Falcon field, which is located in the North Sea approximately 560 kilometers northeast of Aberdeen, in 160 meters of water.
The contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- installation of a 6" production flexible flowline and a 4" gas lift flexible flowline,
- installation of a control umbilical and a subsea distribution unit, both free-issued,
- removal and replacement of a flexible riser,
- trenching and backfilling of the flowlines and umbilical,
- pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the contract. The flowlines will be manufactured at the Group's flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France under a separate supply contract. Offshore installation, which will be carried out using Technip's diving support vessel Orelia is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2011.
This award is a milestone for Technip as it is the first contract awarded by TAQA Bratani.