C-Nav, the leading international vendor of GNSS Precise Point Positioning (PPP) services, today announced the launch of its new DP Position aiding software, C-Scape. C-Scape is a Windows application designed to provide independent real-time monitoring of any Dynamic Positioning System giving the user unprecedented positioning confidence and situational awareness at sea.
Features include the following:
• Blends multiple sensor inputs for unparalleled position QA/QC
• Fully compatible with the C-Nav3050 DGNSS receiver, the latest in positioning technology
• Suitable for most dynamically positioned vessels including drilling rigs and drilling ships
• Intuitive, easy-to-use interface
• Compatible with AutoCAD DXF object and MMS data file overlays
"The C-Scape software has been developed in response to the huge increase in global demand for our quality GNSS services and value-adding products," said Tim Patro, C-Nav's manager.
C-Scape augments existing C-Nav products by providing an independent confidence check of key DP system inputs and provides advanced warning to the DP operator of seabed and surface hazards.
"Developed from a mature base, the new software takes advantage of the QC parameters available from high precision GNSS receivers such as the C-Nav3050 and will be used to enhance C-Nav products and services worldwide," said Russell Morton, C-Nav systems development manager.
The C-Scape package has been designed with flexibility in mind and is readily adaptable to meet specific customer requirements.