Eastar Offshore Pte Ltd has chosen an extensive suite of Kongsberg Maritime cameras and lights for its latest ROV system.
Eastar and its wholly owned subsidiary Alam Subsea is an established and rapidly expanding ROV manufacturer based in Singapore. The company designs, manufactures and provides operational support packages for a range of products including work and observation class ROVs, depth rated from 1000m down to 3000m.
The newest ROV systems from Eastar will be fully equipped with a package of cutting-edge, field-proven cameras and lights from Kongsberg, including:
• OE14-366 Colour Zoom camera - uses the latest super HAD CCD technology to provide excellent light sensitivity and image definition
• OE14-372 Fixed focus colour camera - utilises interline transfer CCD solid-state sensor technology to produce excellent light sensitivity and image definition
• OE14-110 Compact colour camera - a cost-effective, miniature colour camera with excellent light sensitivity and image definition
• OE15-100 Black and White Navigation camera - advanced signal processing coupled with a high efficiency aspheric optical system provides near-SIT performance from a non-intensified CCD sensor
• OE15-358 Black and White camera - mini camera combining high standards of constructional integrity with a level of performance ideally suited to general purpose inspection use
• A range of underwater lighting including HID and Halogen lights.
"We decided to go for KONGSBERG for our cameras and lights because essentially, they are industry standard. They also offer great after sales assistance and of course the all important local supply and good lead times," said Stuart Raines Operations Manager, Eastar Offshore Pte Ltd.
Eastar has produced over 16 ROV systems to date. They are in operation all over Asia, on projects for prestigious clients such as Shell, BP, Petro Vietnam, ONGC Inda, Petronas (Malaysia), Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Exxon Mobile, CONOCO, Agip and Chevron.