Technip has been awarded by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a lump sum contract for the Ekofisk VA subsea water injection project located in block 2/4 on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. This contract provides for the installation, tie-in and commissioning of subsea facilities between the existing Ekofisk facilities and a new eight well subsea injection template (2/4VA).
The contract includes:
• installation engineering;
• procurement of installation equipment;
• installation of client provided spools, flexible flowlines and umbilicals;
• design, fabrication and installation of protection covers; and
• tie-in and commissioning.
The detailed design and the other equipment will be provided by ConocoPhillips. Offshore installation is scheduled for 2009.
Installation will be performed by several vessels including Technip's new-built diving support vessel, the Skandi Arctic.