Finstaship will update its offshore vessels in the next few years in order to meet the future challenges for the benefit of its customers. These modifications will further strengthen Finstaship's position as a trustworthy operator in highly demanding offshore tasks in arctic conditions as well as in open water.
New cranes for Botnica and Nordica
Finstaship has signed a contract with MacGregor Hydramarine AS to replace Nordica's and Botnica's main cranes. The schedule for the crane delivery will be autumn 2010 for both vessels.
With the new cranes it will be possible to operate in deeper environment. In addition, this modification makes Botnica and Nordica better fitted to arctic offshore duties.
The cranes are equipped as follows:
- high performance active heave compensated winch system with SWL 150T on single line lifting
- high speed auxiliary winch with a lifting capacity of 20T with active heave compensation
- set of tugger winches with constant tension
- fully equipped operator cabin
- operating depth 3000 meters
- satellite based remote diagnostic system
- bolted foundation, making installation and removal of crane a simple operation
- advanced features ensuring safe operation in harsh and arctic environment.
Dynamic Positioning update for Fennica and Nordica
The complete dynamic positioning system will be replaced by the latest Kongsberg K-Pos DP-22 /K-Chief 700 systems as well as the reference systems will be upgraded with RADius and LTW. These modifications and upgrades will be carried out during Nordica's and Fennica's next dry docking in winter 2009.