The DVS can provide substantially improved data quality over traditional single point solutions, allowing for up to 5 bins of high resolution velocity data over a range of up to 5M.
The DVS offers you the proven precision and reliability that Teledyne RDI is known for in a package and price point that meets your needs.
The new low power DVS offers an advanced alternative to single point current meters, offering up to 5 bins of high resolution data, plus the following unique technology advantages.
• Four-beam Janus configuration for a profile of the error velocity - high error velocities in the near bins would indicate inhomogeneous flow due to the mooring line.
• High precision: The DVS measures velocity profiles at up to 100 times per second, allowing mm/s precision at a 1 Hz update rate.
• Multi-tasking capability: The DVS can be programmed to run a pre-configured sampling strategy, which need not be interrupted should the operator decide to communicate with the DVS to download data or command additional samples.
• Optional next-generation internal inductive modem and high-precision (0.005 °C) thermistor, both from Sea-Bird Electronics, Inc.
• High sample-rate solid-state compass/tilt sensor: measures at up to 15 Hz, which we use to help identify periods of mooring line strumming in the data.
Doppler Volume Sampler (DVS)