It is with great pleasure that Deep Marine Technology (DMT) announces it was named #6 in Entrepreneur Magazine's Annual Ranking (August issue) of the Hot 500 Companies; considered to be the fastest-growing businesses of the year.
On newsstands now, Entrepreneur's Hot 500 rankings are compiled with the aid of Corporate Research Board's database of over 19 million US Businesses. Criteria for inclusion in the listing comprise of:
• Company founded in the years between 1998-2002
• Sales in 2002 must be $100,000 or greater
• 2006 sales must be at least $1 million, but not exceed $1 billion
• Must have positive job growth between 2002 and 2006
• The founder must be actively involved in the company
• Company cannot be a spinoff or division of a larger company
Founder and CEO Paul McKim established Deep Marine Technology in 2002 with two Directly Operated Vehicles (DOVs) and 25 years of subsea industry experience. Six years later, DMT is poised to achieve the status of becoming a $100 million dollar company and is a full service, Subsea Construction Company encompassing a deepwater group, commercial diving group, and subsea intervention group.
On DMT's inclusion in the top 10 of the Hot 500 Companies, Paul McKim, Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are delighted and grateful for this prestigious recognition. On behalf of the Executive and Management teams of Deep Marine Technology, we wish to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of each employee in the company and extend our thanks. It is truly a team effort."